Carbon is the missing app sync and backup solution for Android!
Carbon - App Sync and Backup play.google.com.koushikdutta.backup
Carbon does NOT require root. All Android users can use Carbon to backup and sync Android applications.
Carbon lets you backup your apps and data to your SD card or cloud storage. With Carbon, you can sync app data from your other Android devices-- even if they are not on the same network. Set up backup schedules with Carbon, and never lose data again.
- Install Carbon on Android
- Root user? You're done!
- Install and run Carbon Desktop (link below)
- Windows users must install their Android drivers as well
- Connect Android to computer.
- You may need to set your USB Connection Mode to "PTP". (Nexus 7, Nexus 10, etc)
- Carbon on Android should now be enabled.
- Backup and restore to SD card
- Backup and restore from PC
- No ads
- Automatic Backup schedules
- Android to Android sync
- Cloud backup and restore
- Google Drive
Carbon is NOT available to Motorola devices. This is because Motorola phones have a bug that break Android's backup mechanism. Until this is fixed by Motorola, Carbon will not work on those Androids.
What's in this version : (Updated : Mar 11, 2013)
- Fix PC restore
- Add support for bulk deletes
- Fix bug where external sdcard restore required premium
- Workaround poor Dropbox login APIs
- Fix gallery spam, overwrite your old backups with new ones
- Batch restore
- Launchers are now able to be backed up
- Root users can back up protected APKs
- Fix gallery spam
- Fix SMS timestamps being restored wrong
- Fix encrypted device issues
- Fix backups on sdcard forever growing
- Fix crash caused by broken translations
- Add support for encrypted devices or desktop passwords
- Add user dictionary backup/restore
- Fix PC download issues
- Fix gallery icon spam
- Fix Google Play tablet incompatibility bug
- New permissions are necessary for call log and sms backup
Required Android O/S : 4.0+