Emulate the classic Gameboy Advance (GBA) hand-held on your Android device!
Gameboy Advance emulator based on VBA-M r1097 (GPL), designed and tested on the Xoom, Galaxy S2, and Xperia Play, but works on many devices with similar specs. I have made a number of custom optimizations to increase speed while maintaining VBA-M's excellent compatibility and audio quality. You should have at least a 1GHz CPU for best results.
- High-level BIOS emulation, no BIOS file needed
- Backup memory and save state support, auto-save and ten manual slots for save states. State files are interchangeable with the PC version of VBA-M.
- Supports games in .gba format, optionally in .zip files
- Configurable on-screen multi-touch controls & keyboard support (up to 4 touches supported at once), and an Xperia Play optimized button layout
- Wiimote + Classic Controller, iControlPad, and Zeemote JS1 support (no need to purchase a separate app, see website for full instructions)
- Portrait/Landscape auto-orientation support
Visit the homepage at explusalpha.com for more info, ports for other platforms, and my other apps (including Snes9x EX). Please report any crashes or device-specific problems via email (include your device name and OS version) so future updates continue to run on as many devices as possible.
What's in this version : (Updated : Aug 22, 2012)
Reduced chance of crashing on some devices when toggling the status bar
Fixed fast CPU->GPU copy in Android 4.1
Sound buffering and latency improvements, see website for more info about new Strict Underrun Check option.
Native x86 build included for Intel devices
Required Android O/S : 2.3+